Funny how a day could be just utterly terrible.
I hadn't noticed how upbeat and happy I was until I felt completely and absolutely dragged through the dirt. I woke up with the sniffles, a slimy conundrum. I tried to remain upbeat, but....
I got my first rejection letter today.
And my project isn't good enough, so I have to come up with more work that I wasn't prepared for.
Once on top of the world, every door open, the world as my oyster, I flitted back to the ground.
People are silly. I'm glad they are concerned, but I am just having a bad day. I too terrified to tell anyone, in case they took it as my last letter. Because it wasn't. It was just a bad day.
Two of the people I decided to tell...tried to batter me with reassurance.
"You have so much going for you."
"Call me if you need anything."
I know....you don't need to tell me. I am talking to you because I have had a bad day and I want to complain, so it will be all out of my system tomorrow. So tomorrow can be a bright, squeaky clean day.
I curled up in bed with Cheetos, Coke, and dare I say it, Pretty Little Liars. My eyes swollen with tiredness, I rejected the world for a day.
At the end of the day, however, I was sent out with understanding. My best guy friend picked me up a coldbuster after work, and headed straight over. Unexpected compliments from my inbox inspired me to write.
That's all for now, better luck next time :p
"She's searching through the stations, for an unfamiliar song. And she's thinking about the places, that she knows she still belongs, and she smiles her secret smile, I'm sure she knows exactly how to carry on. So run baby, run baby, run baby, run baby, run."
~ Run, Baby, Run by Sheryl Crow
No comments:
Post a Comment