Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fierce

Your words, like tiny swords.
It isn't stupid to feel. It isn't stupid to cry. It isn't stupid to have emotion.
Looking at my track record, I realize there were times when I did things that weren't too smart, but that was how I felt, and for better or worse, that's what happened.
I shouldn't have let what he said get to me.
"Girls are just as stupid, but also illogical and irrational. I think we get the better end of the deal."
Maybe it was because I read a context in that comment that only I could see. To me, it felt like he was saying: "This girl I know is illogical and irrational. And therefore I will base all future opinions of female creatures upon this one experience in which I was just as wrong."
It takes two to tango, my friend. Excuse me for having a heart.
In the end, it didn't really matter to me that he said this. It pissed me off for a second. And then I moved on.
Let's have a toast.

"You're crying, let's make a toast! She says she's leaving on a Sunday, oh that gives me one more night...and reminds me why, I don't do this, I, fall in love far too quickly."

~ She Doesn't Get It by The Format

No comments:

Post a Comment