Sunday, August 2, 2015

Chance

I can't help but think.
There's a million ways this never could have happened.
For some reason I swiped right. I didn't have to, and maybe wouldn't have. Who knows why I did it. Maybe it was a 2 am swipe, maybe it was a fully conscious day swipe. I don't remember.
He messaged me. He didn't have to. Apparently he was discerning.
I agreed to meet up. I didn't have to. I'd already been on one date that day, without much success.
He didn't have to agree either. It was last minute. I messaged him back randomly and quickly. He could have said he was busy that day. Or just not felt like it, as he was wont to do later on.
But the date went well.
And he kissed me.
And I saw him again.
And after that I was hooked.
All this could have never happened.
Some part of me wishes it hadn't.
The rest of me struggles on with the fond memory that it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment