Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Paper Bag

"He said, "It's all in your head," I said, "So's everything," but he didn't get it."

My world felt so aimless.
I began to drift, soflty on the back hand of the wind. The stress was slowly eating me away, causing me lack of sleep, tears, and in some cases, actual physical pain.
The only things that made me happy were starting to fall under the stress category. I wished I could ignore the world, the naysayers, and just fall asleep next to you, follow the steep curve of your bicep, the soft slowness of your eyes. I curl up, waiting for everything to pass.


"Hunger hurts, and I want him so bad, oh it kills, 'cause I know I'm a mess he don't wanna clean up. I gotta fold because these hands are too shaky to hold. Hunger hurts, but starving works, when it costs too much to love."

No comments:

Post a Comment