With a sickening smack, I miscalculated. The final step not there, I fell downwards, to the floor. There I lay paralyzed, my mind weaving tiny wires around every body part.
I didn't get much sleep these days.
I knew if I fell asleep before 11, I would wake up restless at 4 in the morning, shifting and dozing until a more convenient hour. If I chose sleep afterwards, my mind races, until my brain literally stops dead in it's tracks with exhaustion.
A million things pass in those hours. Will I ever make it to grad school? Will I get a job? Will I run out of money? Will I be able to move away from home? Will we stay together? What is going to happen.
So many uncertainties made my head spin.
And so it came to be that I was here, laying on the floor, unable to move.
No comments:
Post a Comment