It was a moment of inspiration and peace.
Something in the air was relaxing--the smell of rain on the cool air, like dewdropped toes and cucumber slices. My mind was quiet enough that I could follow a single string of thought with small aquamarine beads set off in the small sparkle of the softened light. Thoughts were clear and concise, and much of the noise that usually frittered around dulled and slept.
I could, in that small moment, breathe slowly and feel gratefulness in the calm of the world. Stresses fell away like the crunchy outer layers of an onion, falling lightly around my feet.
I was grateful for the beauty of the world and the setting sun, the watery lightness of the smell of rain and fresh ebullient green of the voracious spring growth.
I was grateful for your patience and kindness. Like a drizzling rain, you washed away the worry softly and cleanly. My words could carry truth, like clean cotton sheets, cool in spite of the summer heat. Refreshing my mind and spirit.
It reminded me of pounding piano ballads and clinking glasses of sweetly bitter red wine. It spoke of strong deep emotional singing solos and new clothes. It called upon newly opened hardback books and cups of minty iced tea full of crackly ice.
"Restless minds, curtain calls follow fanfares. Troubled hearts, just a walk down the hall. Restless hearts, you take a punch just to land one. Troubled minds, it's only fair after all. Mounting the trail, but you got it in sight. Sometimes the only way is jumping, I hope you're not afraid of heights."
~ Meaning by Gavin DeGraw
No comments:
Post a Comment