A happy thought floated on the breeze, as a smile bloomed slowly across my face.
But just like that, the wind picked up, the sky grew dark. And unhappy thoughts spread like wildfire.
I wanted to write about something, but suddenly the sadness erupted.
"Well I don't think that is what they are getting at."
I overreacted a tad. I rolled my eyes, shrugged, sighed, made a face.
But I didn't need criticism right now. It was wearing me a little thin.
I could no longer see the happy thought, somewhere far from here. The words escaping me.
Something I knew, fluttering away, lost in another bad thought.
All I could recall was the words, not the feelings. "In these moments I knew. Like a bad song on the radio that made total sense."
It was all scattered. Impossible to scavenge at this moment.
Another time I'll tell you how I felt.
No comments:
Post a Comment