Sunday, January 1, 2012

Awakening

That moment where you know something deep down, something you have always suspected, but never been sure of.
I love him.
I love the angles of his body, the cut of his jaw. I love the curve of his smile when inside his head he is realizing how silly I am. I love the softness in his eyes when he thinks about how beautiful I am and how much he loves me too. I love his goofy laugh, especially when he tries to hold it in and sort of shrieks. I love the smell of his skin, cool and spiced.
I love that he openly admits he is never mad at me, even though it seems like I am mad at him every other week. I love that he tries to fix the things that upset me, even if I am not right to be upset. I love that he is never jealous, although I have a hard time controlling my jealousy.
I love snuggling on the couch. I love kissing his freshly shaved face. I love feeling his strength around me. I love waking up in his arms, having slept soundly through the night next to each other. I love playing outside with him, walking, playing frisbee, shooting hoops, playing tennis, swimming in the pool.
I realized, I loved him wholly. A small orchestra in my head plays a soothing melody as I realize this, sitting in a car with a headache, watching humanity around me.
A connection so hard to break, as love. I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment