I used to feel like this when I played Spoons.
You know, the game where you try to find matches, and when you do, you take a spoon? It's like musical chairs, but 100X worse. I would always get super anxious. I didn't want to lose. It pushed me to succeed, but I'm also sure took years off my life.
So when it returns, I know what it is.
I know what it feels like.
My heart is racing, threatening to burst out of my chest.
My stomach is turning, performing unique acrobatics.
My head hurts.
I try to breathe slow. Let the anxiety wash over me completely so it can wash away. It's like being trapped in a current. Sometimes you have to let go and stop fighting it and wait for it the swirls to pull you back up on the other side where you can breathe.
I find myself unconsciously holding my breath, and unable to control my thoughts. I decide to just try and make them stop. Halt them before they go where I don't want them to.
I want to fall asleep and not think again.
I shouldn't be surprised. And I'm not surprised. But that doesn't stop me from drowning.
ReplyDeleteAnna university student login
coe1.annauniv.edu student login
coe2.annauniv.edu student login
aucoe.annauniv.edu results
coe1.annauniv.edu home student login
coe2.annauniv.edu home student login