In a moment the world can change.
Life is exceptionally hard. Every new day is a challenge. And I have it better than most people. My life has been paved with helping hands lifting me up where I want to be. I have moments of extreme anxiety where I can hardly breathe. My heart speeds ahead of me, and so I hold my chest. Every other decision and thought is pushed out of my mind.
Deep breaths.
There's always tomorrow. Things are going to be hard. Life is hard. The struggle is never going to stop. Change is never going to take the day off. Challenges won't stop appearing.
It was enough, in this moment, to have a glimmer of happiness.
A chance, however hard it would be, to grow.
In my head I decided that if I was afforded this chance, I would hit the ground running. I would push and pull, and work hard.
It was both terrifying and exciting, all in one gulp.
But it was here.
And I would do it.
"Now it's 16 miles to the promise land. And I promise you I'm doing the best I can. Now some days last longer than others. But this day, by the way, went too fast."
~ Arms Outstretched by Rilo Kiley
No comments:
Post a Comment