It's time like this that a million song lyrics are running through my head and reverberating my entire body.
Do you know the meaning of foreshadowing?
I should have known. I should have know when I turned on the radio and Brick played through the speakers.
"She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly."
He told me he didn't like sad songs. Why be sad? Well, I said, playing off the cuff, sometimes you want to take refuge in the sadness. To be part of that metaphor. To not feel alone in those feelings of sadness. It doesn't make you more sad, even if sometimes you wallow. Sometimes it gives you solace. To give yourself over to it. And then walk away having felt it completely.
"Now that I have found someone, I'm feeling more alone, than I ever have before."
I guess Ben Folds, that I didn't really go through what you went through. That's the beauty of art. I can still feel in my bones what you meant, and also other things you didn't mean.
Instead now I'm just feeling everything Stevie Nicks wants me to know. Also. Everything Garbage wants me to know about myself. I didn't listen to the foreshadowing talking to me.
"Thunder only happens when it's raining. Players only love you when they're playing. Say, women they will come and they will go. When the rain washes you clean you'll know."
"You stupid girl. All you had you wasted."
No comments:
Post a Comment