Before I knew it, my world was in upheaval again.
There was nothing for it but the passage of time, which I loathed. Time was so limited, why should I have to waste it like this?
I lay quietly and read an article about how long this should take. It carefully and deftly surmised that it could take any amount of time, just not forever. How vaguely comforting, I thought sarcastically. So nice to know my window for being sad is a month to forever.
It argued, how could human beings survive any emotion for any extended period of time? Think of new relationship jitters, it said, and I scoffed at the inconsiderate comparison. How could we survive such intense anxiety and happiness forever?
We couldn't, was the answer. Eventually our body would tire of the endless strain.
Words stuck against my rib cage, like greasy regrets.
"I considered breaking up with you earlier. "
So that was it. It was easy to be let go when they had already considered jettisoning you. I wondered. Would anyone ever be able to hold on, not let go?
It's easy to tell someone to never settle as they drop your hand. It's easy to tell someone they have value as they walk away.
Monday, March 23, 2015
Sickness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment