Thursday, August 8, 2013

Get Lucky

Not having anywhere to be in the morning takes its toll.
My mind was wired with thoughts of everything, one of those nights where I couldn't slow down. Things were tumbling out of my brain before I could fully understand them and sort of looked like a jumbled, goopy mess of words. A stream of consciousness, trying to understand itself.
I felt the compelling need to explain myself and be understood. With everything coursing through my veins, all the thoughts clouding my body with adrenaline, I wanted someone to hear me. To nod and say, "Why yes, I understand how you feel." and then ask me the perfect question that would make all my gibberish run clear.
I just wanted to untangle my thoughts.
How do you untangle thoughts? I imagine myself sifting through the goo, pulling my hands watching the mess stretch and stick. Is there some sort of magic brain comb that pulls all you think straight? It made me think of that episode of Sabrina the teenage witch when her aunt uses the "mental floss." Then she can quickly think smartly and make a good decision. Everything makes sense.
What I wouldn't give for some mental floss.
Who can I trust in this world? Luckily for me I've been surrounded by trustworthy people most of my life. The people I loved and connected with were decent people who had decent agendas. Seems like that can't last forever I suppose. That's what I get for falling out of community service circles. Humans are so dynamic. And having surrounded myself with very similar ones for a few years now, as I came to full awareness of the world around me, I slowly came to the realization that not everyone is perfect, not everyone is trustworthy, not everyone acknowledges you for the right reasons or has your best interests at heart.
Seems like a no-brainer, right?
Well, I guess I had known so many good, smart, kindly people that I had forgotten. But does the world really have to be dark and have people in it that do bad things? Can't that all be kept on television and not be real?
Sorry for the dose of pessimism. I still believe in the inherent goodness of people. I guess I just need to be a little more wary in the future.
Late night thoughts. You get what you pay for.

"Like the legend of the phoenix
All ends with beginnings
What keeps the planet spinning
The force from the beginning

We've come too far
To give up who we are
So let's raise the bar
And our cups to the stars

She's up all night to the sun
I'm up all night to get some
She's up all night for good fun
I'm up all night to get lucky

We're up all night to the sun
We're up all night to get some
We're up all night for good fun
We're up all night to get lucky

The present has no ribbon
Your gift keeps on giving
What is this I'm feeling?
If you want to leave, I'm with it."
~ Get Lucky by Daft Punk

No comments:

Post a Comment