I noticed how it was ok to finally have a normal, friendly conversation.
No awkward innuendos.
No bad intentions.
No secrets.
No uncomfortable topics.
Maybe exes really can be friends after all?
I spent a great deal of time believing that it was not possible, there was too much pain, too much history to ever allow such things as normal, commonplace friendships. But there was nothing in the air. No chemistry, no hurt. It had finally settled, found it's final resting place. At least to my eyes it seemed.
The charge was gone, the skies were clear.
Our ending had been somewhat amicable. It hadn't seemed so at the time, but it lacked the ferocity and vengeance I had grown used to feeling. Since there was so little time to hurt and be hurt, perhaps time had healed us, allowed us this one piece of our past that could linger on. A friendship.
I was ready to let go of my anger.
No comments:
Post a Comment