There were lots of things I liked about the abstract, intellectual world. It was smart, it was real, and something about the intangible dark parts of it excited me. But it was oh so easy to be swallowed in a pool of swirling darkness. It was easy to be suffocated and eventually drowned in it.
I had emerged from the pool, sopping and dripping, much like a soggy puppy dog. Downcast eyes, balled fists, hunched shoulders. It was not so simple to hold on to myself sitting behind shades and allowing myself to sink slowly into that dominion.
Things with you were simplified. Things with you were childish. Things with you were fun. On the surface it may seem naive, but I realized I needed to pick myself up. Rise to your occasion. There was lots of bad and dark in the world, and although I would never forget it or refuse to acknowledge it, it was okay to be my happy, younger self.
It was time to rise from the shadows of my doubt and pain.
This all makes it sound so black and white, naive and cliched. But it wasn't. I really just needed you to make me live, to return to happiness. The problems of myself and the world still there, we could acknowledge that while transcending to a plane of light. Somewhere we could be happy and be ourselves. We didn't have to suck ourselves into darkness, and we could still be serious.
Together we could be young.
I love you, so much. I love you because you make me light, you make me happy, you make me young.
Let's never stop laughing.
No comments:
Post a Comment