Friday, April 29, 2016

Alone

Remember you are autonomous.
You answer to no one, are not responsible for other people's needs and wants.
People will pass in and out of your life.
You don't have to make them stick.
You don't have to apologize for not wanting them to stick.
Be kind, be courteous, but also be whole.
Accept responsibility for yourself.
Live for yourself, love yourself.
Let people come and go.
The chips will fall where they may.
Silently, sitting by myself, I made a promise. I wanted to do something (and even more things) solely for myself. Take some time off. Do things for myself. Go on vacation alone. Drive up the coast. Eat what I want. See what I want. Sleep when I want.
I would buy myself a tent.
I would do it.
Be really alone like I never have before.

No comments:

Post a Comment