My personality has a bit of a bite.
Sure, I seem like a girl next door calm type. And I guess in some ways I am. I believe in the golden rule, and think honesty is often the best policy. I like little kids, I find them usually pretty easy to get along with. I have good friends, a nice boyfriend, a fun job and an alright family. I dress normally, sometimes even sweetly.
The problem with me is that I am often overrun by my emotions. Jealousy and vengeance are two of my biggest emotional vices.
Let us take yesterday for example. This is perhaps a time when I was faced with an imagined slight. Or perhaps I am just too self important to realize that this situation was not psychological.
Sitting next to me, he says "I'm sorry, I don't remember your name."
I, of course, give the individual a hard time. He had met me twice, taking both times at length. Eventually I tell him my name. This is where I am stung.
"It's not like you have a memorable name."
Ouch.
The options that stand in my head are:
One, he really forgot my name, and now is delivering my sass back to me.
Or two, he had decided to pretend that he doesn't know me to be coy.
Since the last situation allows me to practice the most vanity, that is the one I run with.
Now I decide to play personality hardball.
For the rest of the evening, I turn my chair away from him, and don't try to make any conversation, and upon abruptly leaving, I don't say goodbye to him, and give everyone else who asks a hug.
My vanity has one consolation, and that is that as I hug one last person. I see over their shoulder he is watching.
Too cool for me? Two can play that game.
Sure, I seem like a girl next door calm type. And I guess in some ways I am. I believe in the golden rule, and think honesty is often the best policy. I like little kids, I find them usually pretty easy to get along with. I have good friends, a nice boyfriend, a fun job and an alright family. I dress normally, sometimes even sweetly.
The problem with me is that I am often overrun by my emotions. Jealousy and vengeance are two of my biggest emotional vices.
Let us take yesterday for example. This is perhaps a time when I was faced with an imagined slight. Or perhaps I am just too self important to realize that this situation was not psychological.
Sitting next to me, he says "I'm sorry, I don't remember your name."
I, of course, give the individual a hard time. He had met me twice, taking both times at length. Eventually I tell him my name. This is where I am stung.
"It's not like you have a memorable name."
Ouch.
The options that stand in my head are:
One, he really forgot my name, and now is delivering my sass back to me.
Or two, he had decided to pretend that he doesn't know me to be coy.
Since the last situation allows me to practice the most vanity, that is the one I run with.
Now I decide to play personality hardball.
For the rest of the evening, I turn my chair away from him, and don't try to make any conversation, and upon abruptly leaving, I don't say goodbye to him, and give everyone else who asks a hug.
My vanity has one consolation, and that is that as I hug one last person. I see over their shoulder he is watching.
Too cool for me? Two can play that game.
No comments:
Post a Comment