A great human desire is to be noticed in some way, to be appreciated for who we are. We imagine that someone will find us full of worth and fulfillment, and will find us engaging and interesting. They will be intrigued by our everyday and not so everyday decisions, find us to be one in a million.
We desire value.
So although I sometimes cringe at the thought of my desire to be like and wanted, I do not disown it. It is a universal desire that human beings share for some strange reason.
That is why everyday I hope and strive to be an individual, to have choices and preferences, and hope to be noticed. To be picked out for all the greatness that I am, and not the lack of disturbing qualities.
I embrace that this is a human weakness, and understand that I must live on in spite of this want.
No comments:
Post a Comment