Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wind

Until I got a job I feared I would feel this directionlessness forever.
When my days were broken into small, short little chunks, the desire to rise from bed grew less and less. The desire to be productive grew less and less. My structure was gone. I was in an endless abyss of vacation, wondering what would come next.
All my moments were spent measuring the next moment to you. Days seemed less full without you. I felt as if less got done.
I needed to shake this eternal laziness, do something for myself, wake up. See the day.
A happy thought of never having to go without you crossed my mind, planted there by yourself. I cupped it gently in my hands, a little firefly, I pressed it to my heart. I felt safe, I felt secure.

"Few of us are secure enough to be in love without proper encouragement."

~ Pride and Prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment