Gone were the days of puce green half finished drinks and gritty kitchen floors. Gone were the days of silent midnight tears and dark cornered thoughts of self-doubt and abject loathing. Gone were the days of dull pessimism and and unproductive warm afternoons sleeping away the discomfort of late night sloppy dawdling.
I welcomed soft afternoons of filtered sunshine and babbling conversation. Days filled with jokes and frisbee, crinkling arguments and gentle half smiles. Jump on a train of churning intellect and careful movement. Living in my own world of self-worth and pushing improvement.
"Selling out is not my thing. Walk away, I won't be broken again. I'm not, I'm not what you think. Dream away your life, someone else's dream. Nothing equals nothing. Letting go is not my thing. Walk away, don't let it happen again. I'm not, I'm not very smart. Why should I feel sad? For what I never had? Nothing equals nothing. Turn to stone. Lose my faith. I'll be gone before it happens. Turn to stone. Lose my faith. I'll be gone before it happens."
~ Gone by Madonna
No comments:
Post a Comment