So who exactly did they think I was?
It was obvious there were no secrets between them. Everything was said, everything was known. At least, that's what I thought. Empty, the dark and dank seemed vaguely lonely and worn out, a sort of dingy openness. Such an awkward empty space, I thought.
His mother knew exactly who I was, I saw her eyes light up when she realized I was that Sara, the Sara from Stony Brook. And then the girlfriend of the brother. She hugged me, welcomed me like family. I got the idea that was how she treated everyone, but it was quite an odd acceptance all the same. "So glad to meet you." "So glad [insert first name here] had a good friend there like you." Good friend? I wasn't aware I was such a good friend.
He bought my drink. I felt slightly bad for whining countless times when in this odd moment we knocked knees.
So who did they think I was?
Maybe I'll never know. Maybe this was a test. Maybe I was reading too much into it, as usual.
The weeks faded away, and I'll still never know. But to be accepted so immediately was nice. Very nice.
And why did he come to visit me in the first place?
"I had a feeling once. That you and I could tell each other everything for two months."
"Never pick sides, never choose between two, but I just wanted you, I just wanted you."
I Think Ur A Contra by Vampire Weekend
No comments:
Post a Comment