It's intriguing to consider the range of human emotion.
I felt many things. I felt anger at those who had wronged me. I felt sadness at opinions of others. I felt betrayal from those whom I had come to know. I felt grateful for those who gave me love and support. I felt steadiness from one who calmed the storm.
It was truly hard to weather all that had happened. My heart held on to the broken shards of that world even though they cut me. I just couldn't fathom the beauty of what was there before now lay in pieces. Perhaps I could fix it? It cut me a little more.
We can waste the years waiting for apologies that will never come. My grandmother had, my mother had...I'm sure dozens of others had sat out similar silence waiting for a miraculous occurrence of human sympathy and pride dethroned. Only to spend countless nights feeling hurt and anger from those tiny glass shards.
I'm not sure what the answer is. Stop waiting and let go of hate? Even though I felt in no mood to do either. It was like letting them win. But how long would I let it keep hurting me? Threatening my life?
I stopped to hope desperately that I would pull out stronger from this. More steady. I felt admiration and hope to have a partner that still loved me and faced it down by my side. Things couldn't be the same, but they could be stronger. Realize the absurdity of the situation, the childishness of it. Laugh and move on. Walking around the corner hand in hand.
Face the facts. Not everyone is like you or likes you. Some people have problems bigger than yours, let it go. Keep walking towards the the sun. Put a band aid on your hand. Accept that some things will never change, except the things that must.
Embrace your inability to control others and continue living.
And if you can, take a moment to silently thank those who have always been there and always loved you.
Saturday, April 27, 2013
A heart too big
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment