Have you ever been instantly intrigued by someone?
From the moment you meet them, you feel like you have to know what makes them tick. Something inside you draws you closer, yearning to learn more, begging for a clue. You watch silently at first, trying to pick up their frequency. You inch closer, start a conversation.
The conversation only sparks your imagination more. You paint a picture of their life, built on small details in an imaginary world. Something about the way they posture their lips, toss their hair, move their body. The details are tiny morsels and crumbs of your favorite food. Grasping at them, you pull forward as much of a story as you can handle.
Like a magnet to a magnet, like moth to flame. The mystery must be solved.
In a moment of insanity, you must know who they are. You feel anger at those who already know and whom you had already resented.
A strange puzzle is before you.
It seems silly to put much stock in horoscopes, but I suppose having spent a good deal of time around those obsessed, a little rubs off on me. I find myself blaming my Scorpio nature for my inquiry-based and curious tendencies. I'm like the kid with a Christmas present. I just have to know what's inside, no concern for waiting. I have to know.
Something inside me hopes people want to know me too. It seems so sad and lonely to be the only one spending hours on a mystery. Making conjectures, based on simple details. But then again, I am who I am. I can't expect anyone to wonder why I like egg salad sandwiches or think I am so cool because my best friend and I went to wine country for a week. I can't expect people to read my blog or be drawn into mystery as much as I am. Most of all, I can't expect them to want to understand me.
The world is made up of strange people and strange interactions. So many things are chance, so many choices in our lives determine our futures. All the moments in the world lead us to different, strange lives.
But this pull I feel, I don't know how to explain it. Something about it feels like more than just coincidence. How can we meet people and immediately want to transplant them into our lives? Emotional connections my mind makes will likely confuse me for the rest of my life.
Until they don't, I'll just live it out, trying not to let curiosity get the best of common sense.
No comments:
Post a Comment